What kinds of people end up being deceived by the people they are dating?
Let me start by saying people like my former husband are not «crazy» — they’re sociopaths, or people who lack moral consciences. When you first meet them, sociopaths appear to be very well-adjusted. They may even be the life of the party. But they’re human predators — who know they’re hurting people but don’t care. Women who fall in love with sociopaths have four traits in common. They are:
- Extroverted. They’re outgoing. They like excitement. They’re also often strong-willed.
- Cooperative. They value getting along with others and are willing to compromise their own interests for the larger picture. A sociopath loves this.
- Social. They like being around people and are sentimental and tenderhearted.
- Empathetic. They are understanding and compassionate. Any other warning signs? He doesn’t have healthy relationships with others. If he doesn’t have any longtime friends and isn’t close to members of his family either, proceed with extreme caution.
- He starts finding fault with you after flattering you endlessly. He does this to get you hooked.
- Sociopaths always have incredible stamina. If you suspect him of cheating, don’t reassure yourself with the idea that because you’re having so much sex with him he can’t be getting it from someone else.
- Sociopaths are irresponsible. They lose jobs all the time, and money just disappear. In that case: What are things you must know about your partner if you want to avoid getting entangled with a sociopath? You need to listen to your intuition if you think something is wrong with the person. The sociopath will have a ready, plausible excuse for inconsiderate, curious, or downright nasty behavior. Don’t pay attention to him. Pay attention to your gut instinct.
I found this so interesting.
The truth is I was once in a relationship with a Sociopath, I was very young and naive. If I could go back, I would of payed attention to my gut. I knew he was always lying deep down but I couldn’t fight him because he always turned it around on me. It confused me so much. I didn’t understand how he could do that and it always made me question myself because I couldnt wrap my mind around someone who would lie and do the things he did.
I fit all those characteristics of the type of woman who falls for a sociopath.
I am outgoing and I love constant excitement and I am very empathetic. I only wish I would of known more about sociopaths and maybe came across an article like this when I was younger. Girls pay attention to anything that does not feel right in your gut. Your heart is way to precious to let it be stomped on by a crazy Sociopath, trust me!! Dating Coach, Dawn Donohoo
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters. org/content-only/faq. php Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima – The Non-Reporting of Falluja’s Cancer Catastrophe.